Sunday, February 12, 2012

Gubbare Ladki (Balloon Girl)

Well, I would have to admit I was a crazy fan of balloons as a kid and I still am. They get me happy and full of smiles, always. More than anything else. For my 21st birthday, my parents asked my sister to fill my room with balloons. :)

While growing up in Lucknow, we used to go out for a drive almost every Sunday and my Baba always bought me a huge one and my face beamed with joy. It was then when I also went to school and sang Hindi nursery rhymes. This particular one was dear to me, because it was about balloons.

So some 17 years later, when I got a supercool new drawing tablet, I decided that this would be my first 'illustration'. Balloons and Happiness. So much joy.



I enjoyed this so much.


Memories of childhood.

The rhyme is narrated by a balloon seller and translates to:

Buy balloons, buy balloons,
We come from Hazratganj,
bringing all coloured balloons,
red, pink, blue and yellow.
look, they are all filled with air!




PS: Thats me! Flying with them!





Colour for this chappal: Yellow!

4 comments:

  1. Awww. This is super cute! Yay to balloons and the wacom :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayayaya!!!!
    i love the rhyme too!!!
    meri chotti te baby....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its been a rhyme close to me as well..!
    The illustration is very cute!! I like how playfully you have done it especially the too ponies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. have u ever blown balloons?

    ReplyDelete