Tuesday, March 27, 2012

QITM

The last course this semester at NID was a wonderful three week course called Elements of Moving Image. This course looked at animation basics and storytelling. One of the tasks during this course was to write a story and then convert it into a comic. I wrote my own story, called Q in the Mirror, based on of my best friends who I lovingly call Q. It is the story of Q, who one day cannot find his face in the mirror.

This was one of the first times I was attempting at something like this. I was extremely scared but gave it my best shot. After conceptualising and deciding on my frames, I began to build the comic. I initially made it black and white but after I went through, I realised that the colour didnt suit the character. So I moved to colours. I couldnt do a very decent job of this (in terms of skills), and the given time didn't allow me to finish the comic either. But the few pages I did, I made sure they looked consistent. I printed the pages on cartridge paper,which gives the entire feel of the comic as being soft and nurtured.

Here are a few pictures of the initial and the final comic book pages.

Initial Rough Drafts



Final Comic Book Pages (printed)















Colour for this chappal: Blue!




2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Well done!
    I can't zoom-in on the images on the blog, though!
    Pls email 'em to me!!

    ReplyDelete