Saturday, November 24, 2012

Monolithic Printed Book on Social Inequality

At the HS, Hannover, I got the opportunity to be part of a Masters Workshop held by Ms Dorothee Wienlich that looked at interesting printing techniques. This involved hand printing (monolithic technique) using various materials and also usage of typography at certain places through new and innovative techniques (for me atleast).

We had to base our notebook on one of our main projects. Since I was not very deep into a particular project, I chose a project of mine that looks at Social Inequality. At that point there were some basic keywords that I had in mind and not a very clear idea, but the overall theme was set.

We painted, printed and stitched the final notebook over two days.

Here are images of the final notebook.





















Colour for this chappal: Red

No comments:

Post a Comment